Understand and follow all safety rules. Able to safely operate forklifts, motorized pallets jacks, and other heavy equipment by passing training segments and certifications associated with each unit. To safely operate equipment, a basic mechanical ability is required to perform equipment checks and document findings in inspections sheets. Attendance is required at all technician safety trainings for plant operations. Able to use basic hand tools for functions of the job.
• Understand and follow all Safety Rules
• Basic abilities in some to all of the following packaging certifications or training segments as required by the business unit.
o End Plating
o Strapping Guns
o ISO o Scanning
o Loading and Grinding
o Crane Inspections
o Conveyor Stoppers
o AFRAME / Cart
• Willing to work in other areas of the plant when needed to help plant operations.
• Maintaining plant cleanliness, AIB standards, and 5S initiatives is required.
• Must follow the directions of the packaging leads and supervisors.
• Team assignments for SGA (Small Group Activities) must be completed by working with the leads and supervisors.
Skill & Qualification required:
• Ability to lift 50 pounds on a repetitive basis
• Ability to push/pull 1500 pounds using wheeled cart or conveyor rollers
• Ability to work 12 hour shift, possibly nights only or rotating depending on Business Unit
• Ability to work required, mandatory overtime
• Ability to stand for long periods of time, possibly up to 12 hours
Education & Experience required:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Some Computer Skills required
• Experience operating a forklift is preferred.
• Manufacturing Experience preferred