Who We Are
Surf or Sound Realty, Hatteras Island’s premier vacation rental company, located on Hatteras Island, part of the pristine Cape Hatteras National Seashore just south of Nags Head on The Outer Banks of North Carolina. Regularly found on Top Ten lists for the Best Beaches in America, Hatteras Island’s beaches and villages are quiet, family friendly and picturesque. Since 1978, we have offered weekly premier Hatteras Island vacation rentals from single family beach cottages to expansive oceanfront estates with a wide range of luxury amenities. While serving thousands of happy Outer Banks vacationers every year.
Surf or Sound Realty is now actively seeking a dynamic Housekeeping Manager for our Hatteras Isle - Outer Banks, NC location. Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and has a passion for clean? If so, keep on reading!! Here at Surf or Sound we believe that our greatest asset is our people, and that creating and maintaining a caring environment of trust, respect, accountability and appreciation translates directly to the ultimate satisfaction of our homeowners, guests and employees.
This position is a critical hire for our future success and will be responsible for leading, planning, organization and direction for the day to day operation of the housekeeping department. This role will focus on ensuring high levels of cleanliness, guest & employee service and satisfaction including but not limited to vacation rental homes and office; hallways, lobbies, public areas, rest areas, storage, work areas and grounds meet and/or exceed company standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Always treat homeowners/guests/team members with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations.
- Display honesty & integrity.
- Employs excellent employee relations and team building skills.
- Maintain open communication with Executive Team and all other departments.
- Adhere to company Health and Safety guidelines.
- Conduct and participate in pre-shift meetings.
- Work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Report immediately any accident and/or incident which may occur while at work.
- Ensure overall consistency and efficiency of the Housekeeping department.
- MUST be flexible to work on weekends and/or holidays.
- Supervises housekeeping staff: training and development from the commencement of hire throughout their daily duties.
- Enforces Policies and Procedures of the Housekeeping Department to ensure safety and consistency.
- Schedules team members according to labor standards and forecasted business levels.
- Prepares daily assignments for all housekeeping team members.
- Inspect all vacant rental homes and spaces, public spaces, storage areas and rest areas each day in conjunction with supervisor.
- Maintains a high level of cleanliness quality based on company objectives.
- Manages in conjunction with the direct report the Lost & Found Program.
- Ensures homeowner, guest and employee satisfaction; addresses homeowner/guest/employee issues and/or any correspondence.
- Assists the executive leadership in controlling costs, as well as labor costs, improving departmental revenues.
- Orders and receives supplies, ensuring an adequate inventory level.
- Ensures all housekeeping standards are trained to all housekeeping team members.
- Coaches and develops team members when needed.
- Maintains a deep cleaning program.
- Conducts daily/weekly/monthly departmental meetings with leadership.
- Establishes a strong relationship with the Engineering Department for any repairs needed and preventive maintenance program.
- Commercial cleaning, Hospitality experience or related field preferred.
- More than two years of experience in Housekeeping Management capacity while leading a team of 100 – 150 housekeepers.
- Ability to multi-task, work in fast paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other team members and departments.
- Computer skills with knowledge of Word & Excel and experience in Property Management System.
- Possess knowledge of opening and closing the house, inventory control, ordering supplies, payroll, scheduling and managing budgets.
- Physical Abilities:
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Reaching overhead and below with the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling and stooping.
- Ability to climb 3-4 flights of stairs multiple times a day in all weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, wind, snow).
EXCELLENT PAY AND BENEFITS including housing allowance, travel mileage pay incentives when using personal vehicle for official business, medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, paid vacation and 401k retirement plan provided.
Background check, drug screen and references required.