Summary of Position
Function as a team lead & ensure effective management of assigned internal as well as external resources toward the common goal of quality plus timely deliverable of product services that meets customer’s expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide assistance from the planning/development phases of a furniture installation project through completion of the project Punch List.
- Work with both the internal project team and client team to understand and plan project requirements, milestones and deadlines.
- Attend meetings to gain an understanding of furniture requirements, construction schedules, installation timeframes and any other special requirements including internal touchdown meetings.
- Plan and develop project schedule for distribution to staff, client and client contacts.
- Interact with installation companies for delivery and installation project quoting.
- Understand manufacturer load plans, utilization of trucks and timing.
- Review manufacturer’s acknowledgements as they relate to the sequence of required deliveries; set up deliveries of multi-trailer projects with the Sales Assistant and manufacturer.
- Review plan for areas where there are critical dimensions and visit site to take measurements.
- Review scope of project with either company installation Foreman or sub-contractor’s Installation Foreman.
- Provide plans and detailed typical drawings and discuss any special conditions and/or special use of brackets, etc.
- Provide delivery and installation schedule and plan pre-tagging of phased site deliveries.
- Coordinate with the telephone, data and electrical trades, as well as the General Contractor as they relate to furniture issues and scheduling of the project.
- Hold vendors accountable for timely freight claim/punch list documentation.
- Act as liaison between Installers, client and other trades by visiting site regularly and monitoring progress of installation and by addressing any problems or questions which may arise.
- Ensure that all project schedules and budgets are met.
- Set up walkthrough appointment with client prior to move-in, record punch list requirements and note necessary actions to be taken and keep the client informed.
- Complete close out package upon completion of installation/punch.
- Responsible for seeing that all punch list items are ordered and installed correctly in a timely manner.
- Responsible for resolving client questions/concerns.
- Follow A. Pomerantz & Company’s policies and procedures at all times.
- Demonstrate the highest degree of honesty and ethical conduct at all times.