We are seeking motivated individuals who are committed to excellence and experienced in working with primary and secondary school students. Westat is recruiting for the 2022 National Assessment of Educational Progress, also known as NAEP or The Nation’s Report Card, for the National Center for Education Statistics – part of the U.S. Department of Education.
The position involves leading a team conducting assessments using touch-enabled tablets with fourth- and eighth-grade students in participating schools across the country. You will lead a team of 2–4 people, and be responsible for assessment equipment during and between assessments. This opportunity is ideal for retired educators.
Your duties will include the following:
- Conduct preassessment activities with school personnel;
- Oversee teams of assessors in all aspects of their work;
- Lead in-school activities of assessment teams;
- Data entry;
- Provide performance feedback to the assessment team; and
- Maintain performance documentation.
Westat provides complete paid training for all job responsibilities, paid time and mileage reimbursement for local driving to and from schools, weekly paychecks with direct deposit, and opportunities for advancement based on performance.
Qualified applicants must
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Be available to work up to 40 hours a week, from December 2021 to March 4, 2022;
- Complete required components of training, including an online course mid-November and mid-December 2021;
- Be able to attend online AC welcome training November 2021 and in-person training in Atlanta, GA, from December 1–3, 2021 (“New to NAEP” staff only);
- Be willing to complete background check requirements, including an FBI fingerprint check;
- Be willing and able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds (which includes technical equipment), climb stairs while carrying equipment/materials if needed, and be able to move around the assessment room in order to monitor assessment activities and respond to student questions, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Have regular and reliable access to telephone service with a long-distance calling feature, either landline or cellular;
- Have regular and reliable access to a high-speed internet connection (a tablet or laptop and mobile broadband device will be provided);
- Have regular and reliable access to an insured vehicle or in certain or have reliable transportation (to ensure on-time arrival at the assigned schools) (to be used for certain approved metropolitan areas only);
- Have a valid (current) driver’s license that is not under suspension or have a valid (current) driver’s license that is not under suspension (except in certain metropolitan areas) (to be used for certain approved metropolitan areas only); and
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
The following criteria are preferred:
- Prior experience working in an educational setting or working with students;
- Prior experience working in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Basic computer proficiency;
- Self-motivated, organized, flexible, and detail-oriented;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment; and
- Willingness to travel overnight, if necessary.
This opportunity is a part-time non-exempt position that is eligible for overtime. For more information, visit www.workNAEP.com and provide your name and email. We will contact you with a link to our online application when it is available.
Protecting the health and safety of our employees and survey participants is a top priority for Westat. Based on recommendations from the CDC and other public health authorities, we require staff to protect and monitor their health while working on their assignment. The use of personal protective equipment, regular testing for COVID-19, being vaccinated or other screening activities is required.
The data collection window may be extended due to weather or other delays.
EOE, including disability/veterans