We are a chain of stores dedicated to the supply of local and imported materials, within the HOME IMPROVEMENT sector. We offer products for the remodeling and installation of kitchens, living areas, bathrooms. With a tradition that exceeds 40 years of service to our customers, we offer very high quality materials.
This is what we stand for:
Top quality. Our customers know that when they buy from us, they will get only top quality products
Service. Not only do we give our customers second to none service, but we will also provide advise and ideas for their projects when they need or want it.
Tradition. We have over 40 years of experience serving our customers, which translates in quality service and product knowledge that you can trust.
We are at your service!.
*Class A CDL Required*
Full-Time Schedule - Tuesday through Saturday
MUST RESIDE WITHIN 20 MILES OF TARGET CITY: FORT LAUDERDALE
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES, AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Learns and demonstrates high-quality customer service standards for delivery service
- The Delivery Driver contacts customers to confirm delivery details, determines placement of merchandise, follows safety and lifting protocols during deliveries, and conducts safety reviews.
- The Delivery Driver plays a critical role in ensuring on-time, accurate, and safe deliveries, while providing exceptional service to our customers in their homes. This associate has the opportunity many times each day to leave a final positive impression with our customers and the purchasing experience. This associate builds positive relationships with customers every day and ensures their needs are met. Most of this associate’s day is spent driving, inspecting, loading and unloading merchandise
- Maintains professionalism in appearance, dress, and personal conduct
- Performs local deliveries and pick-ups of Home Improvement Supplies from the store to customer job sites or homes
- Loads and unloads equipment on the truck, including proper securing and tie-down of equipment.
- Demonstrates proper and safe equipment operation to customers at the point of delivery
- Accurately obtains required signatures on delivery documents
- Completes proper check-in and check-out procedures for equipment at store locations
- Assists with the deployment of new equipment to store locations, delivering to the store, and training store associates on the operation of the products
- Maintains accurate parts and fleet inventories through proper documentation.
- Remains current on local licensing and safety requirements
- Performs other duties assigned by the Store Manager or authorized personnel
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position reports to the Warehouse and Store Manager
- Must be twenty-one years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Class A CDL certification
- Valid Driver's license and DOT Physical Examination (Medical Card)
- Safe driving record
- Knowledge of and/or experience driving delivery trucks, operating safely within high traffic or congested city zones and in small areas
- Knowledge of local major and minor roadways and the ability to effectively use maps and directions for efficient delivery routing
- Working understanding of safe load securement, tie-downs, and transport
- Working knowledge and understanding of Motor Carrier Safety regulations/DOT guidelines
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and all levels of associates
- Working knowledge of handheld technology (smartphone, laptop, tablet)
- Ability to operate in extreme outdoor working conditions
- Ability to adapt to unforeseen circumstances, including weather, traffic, and others
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, doing what is necessary to exceed customer expectations
The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a High School Diploma, GED, Technical or Trade School - or equivalent experience in a field of study related to the job
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Include significant physical demands such as lifting (up to 80 lbs.) from the waist, lifting from the shoulder, prolonged standing, bending, kneeling, crawling underneath equipment, climbing on top of equipment, reaching and stretching. The environment will require repetitive hand, wrist, and arm movements, including skilled work with fingers.
- Experience in the delivery industry (mechanical, driving, counter sales, customer service, etc.)
- Two (2) years experience operating commercial vehicles
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Decision Quality
- Strategic Mindset