Energy Engineer – Green Building Consulting
Target Hire Date:
6% 401k Match, Health Insurance Reimbursement, Generous Paid Time Off Policy
Sustainable Comfort is looking for an Energy Engineer to join an expanding group of professionals in the sustainability industry. Our high growth environment and commitment to best practices allows our employees both the flexibility many applicants seek and a forward-thinking culture that fosters leadership, creativity, and ingenuity.
Grow both Personally and Professionally. Be a key contributor to the building of systems and processes to be used throughout the team for years to come. We offer continuing education and training opportunities in weatherization, Energy Star Multifamily, ASHRAE Level II auditing, a variety of certifications offered through the Building Performance Institute, and others.
· Prepare energy modeling and analysis of mechanical systems including all electric heating and cooling systems utilizing heat pumps, VRF, geothermal, or other systems and all electric hot water systems such as CO2 based hot water systems, VRF, and integrated heat pump water heating systems.
· Perform weather normalized utility analysis to determine practical energy usage and trends.
· Conduct ASHRAE Level 2 energy audits.
· Prepare interactive energy savings calculations to analyze energy conservation measures.
· Effectively report the energy analysis results and recommend cost-effective measures for energy improvements.
· Consult with architects and developers to develop building plans with an eye for sustainability to meet various energy efficiency and green building programs.
· Review architectural and mechanical drawings for energy efficiency and green building techniques and quality.
· Travel to various multifamily housing construction sites to conduct progress inspections and performance testing to verify energy efficiency.
· Understand basic building science and work with various green building programs such as Energy Star, LEED for Homes, Enterprise Green Communities, and Passive House Certification programs.
· Assist with document collection, oversight, and verification of green building programs.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s or Associates degree in engineering or related discipline, PE, or commissioning credentials.
· 3+ years of experience.
· Willingness to travel 25-50% throughout Central & Western NY.
· Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
· Possess a professional demeanor in dealing with clients and team members.
· Prior experience in building design, construction, and commissioning experience or credentials preferred.
· Energy modeling experience with programs such as eQuest, TREAT, Trane TRACE, HERS Ratings, ASHRAE 90.1, or equivalent a plus.
· Ability to accurately quantify and present operational and embodied carbon savings is a plus.
· Revu Bluebeam experience a plus.
· Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.
· Located within 25 miles of Syracuse, NY.
· Ability to pass a criminal background check.
· Must be OSHA 10 certified, or willing to obtain certification within 10 business days of employment.
Compensation and Benefits:
· Compensation: $65,000-$85,000
· Generous 401K Match (100% up to 6% of salary)
· Health Coverage Stipend
· Unlimited Paid Time off
· Relentless customer focus.
· Excellent oral and written communication.
· Strong ability to independently set priorities, maintain a schedule, and use different communication methods to collaborate with a geographically diverse team.
· Ability and desire to interact with a wide range of existing and potential customers on a daily basis.
· Ability to read, understand, and communicate technical requirements.
· Knowledge of building construction techniques, green building programs and techniques, and multifamily housing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Language Skills: Read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents; and respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
· Computer Skills: Exhibit proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Office Products, some Adobe Products, and cloud-based file management.
· Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb ladders or stairs, carry 40lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
More about Sustainable Comfort:
Our focus is Sustainability & Green Buildings. SCI works with development and construction teams throughout the greater Northeast Region to make better multifamily buildings with a specific focus in ENERGY Star Homes, LEED for Homes, Enterprise Green Communities, Passive House, HERS Rating, State Incentive Programs, and Code Compliance. This position will work with a team of individuals to consult with architects, developers, and builders to develop building plans with an eye for sustainability to meet the clean energy and electrification goals of housing projects throughout the Northeast and will work extensively with contractors to verify the construction is meeting all goals.
Competitive Compensation Package. We offer a competitive compensation package including generous 401k (6% match), health insurance reimbursement, company car opportunities, professional development training, and unlimited time off.
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of typical functions and is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties; they may differ from the job description. Any other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.