Helping U Grow Strong (HUGS) is a peer-to-peer networking program to connect trained caregivers (HUGS Ambassadors) with other caregivers in need of support. This six-week program was designed by the Leeza Gibbons Memory Foundation to be offered seven time a year. Members recruit and train participants, identify community partners and support their programs to help caregivers and those with dementia related illness.
- Assist with development and editing of communication and marketing tools (i.e., flyers, posters, social media graphics, ads, signage, newsletters, website editing, etc.).
- Create partnerships with key stakeholders in the assigned community (NH, TX, TN, CA & SC).
- Become Trained as a Certified Trainer for Helping U Grow Strong Provide 7 six-week training courses, twice a week, to train HUGS Ambassadors
- Recruit potential volunteers to attend HUGS Training to become HUGS Ambassadors
- Provide support to HUGS Ambassadors by connections to new caregivers and securing space for GROUP HUGS (informal meetings of caregivers)
- Provide constant communication of program and progress to LGMF AmeriCorps, Site Partners and HUGS Ambassadors
- Research and assist in the development/fundraising projects.
- Serve as an ambassador of LGMF HUGS, promoting and educating the community and the organization.
For more information, please reach out to our Program Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org