EXPERIENCED MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce Greene Village’s Core Values. Those values include:
- Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
- Communicating openly and with integrity
- Embracing opportunities
- Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive requests for service maintenance, prioritizes work orders and handles each in the most efficient manner.
- Examine and diagnose problems with heating, ventilation and air conditioning units for property facilities. Determines the best method to repair or replace all or part of the unit. Makes repairs and/or replacements according to standard. Performs preventative maintenance on HVAC units by replacing filters, cleaning coils, etc.
- Repair and replace furnished kitchen appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, washers and dryers.
- Performs moderate-level plumbing repairs, replacements, and/or installations including repairing leaks and removing clogs in sinks and toilets.
- Performs electrical repairs and replacement of light fixtures, electrical switches and sockets and related items.
- Repair and replace locks and other miscellaneous items.
- May perform painting projects ranging from full interior painting of property units to minor touch up and repair of walls and woodwork.
- May perform "make ready" projects for the preparation of vacant units available for prospective tenants.
- Operate a motor vehicle to transport tools and materials.
- Attend and participate in technical training programs to maintain and enhance knowledge and skills.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
- High school diploma/GED and one to three years of experience in facility maintenance and/or mechanical repair required
- HVAC experience required
- Valid driver's license from the state of residence required
- Commercial maintenance experience with plumbing and electrical strongly preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of heating and air conditioning unit maintenance, trouble shooting, and repair
- General knowledge of the repair and maintenance of appliances, moderate electrical skills and plumbing
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations and precautions
- Knowledge and skills to operate common and specialized tools for repairs and maintenance
- Ability to visually inspect units, grounds, and other aspects of the property to determine adherence to standards
- Skill and ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally when interacting with tenants and property management
- Knowledge and skills to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Customer service and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read, interpret and apply written instructions for repair and maintenance of equipment
- Attention to details
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, bend, walk use hands and fingers to control objects, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear. The associate must be able to lift 50 pounds individually and up to 100 pounds with assistance devices (dollies, hand trucks, additional persons).
- Must be able to see and read to complete forms, read reports, and visually determine the correct working order of physical aspect of units and other property facilities. Frequently needs to see small details.
- While performing the duties of this job the associate primarily works in an outdoor environment exposed to adverse weather conditions as well as dirt and/or dust.