Mon-Fri - 8:15am - 4:15pm
- Continual development, expansion, implementation and maintenance of DECI’s ISO-registered quality system.
- Analyze DECI’s quality system to identify opportunities to streamline or improve the system.
- Work with all production staff to assure work quality and encourage creativity to facilitate ongoing quality system improvement.
- Advise manager and administration on issues related to the quality system.
- Develop, approve and thereby become automatically qualified on all written work instructions. Follow all applicable quality procedures and work instructions.
- Preventative and Corrective Action Coordinator.
- Analyze quality data and generate reports as needed by staff and management.
- Develop and conduct training programs for production staff on issues that affect quality.
- Ensure efficiency and job quality by working closely with supervisors and managers on workstation layout and production procedures.
- Assist department coordinators and manager in design of process for production.
- Work with customers to learn their needs for quality of product and service.
- Compile quality data throughout DECI and generate meaningful reports/charts for use by supervisors, management and administration. Analyze and interpret data as needed.
- Collaborate with stockroom and production staff to ensure compliance with part specifications.
- Schedule and supervise DECI’s internal audit process.
- Consistently demonstrate an appreciation for accuracy.
- Work cooperatively and professionally with DECI staff, clients and outside business contacts. Maintain good public relations with customers and professional contacts.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in a related field, or five years minimum related experience in quality control, production, and industrial engineering or management. Needs broad background in Quality Assurance
- Experience in developing and implementing a quality assurance program (ISO 9000 familiarity)
- Ability to use: flow process charting, work simplification, ergonomic principles, time study methods, and statistical process control
- Development of documents and procedures that assure and monitor quality
- Ability to conceive and implement new methods of improving quality and efficiency
- Supervisory experience in a production environment is desirable
- Understanding of confidentiality regulations and rehabilitation concepts
- Auditing experience preferred
- Physical capacity sufficient to lift thirty-five pounds
- Reliable transportation
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Computer Skills: Good computer skills with Microsoft Office (especially Access, Word and Excel)