Point Of Sale Technician
Franchise Systems Support
Job Code/ Req#:
March 22, 2018
Will Train Applicant(s):
Some Training Provided
Applications Accepted By:
Fax or E-mail:
423-893-8299 or email@example.com
Subject Line: POS Tech Position
Attention: Amanda Burke
7010 Lee Hwy Suite 218, Chattanooga, Tn. 37421
Role and Responsibilities
The Point of Sale technician provides a complete support solution for restaurant teams. By complete solution, we mean the ideal candidate will install, troubleshoot, repair, and replace any and all systems related to the POS equipment in our restaurants. Travel is required at times but installers spend most of their time working out of our East Tennessee Depot. While in the depot the ideal candidate will provide phone support to restaurants as needed in addition to cleaning and repairing damaged or defective equipment. Anytime restaurants are opened or remodeled the selected candidate would then need to travel to the job site and install the entire restaurant POS solution including but not limited to servers, clients, networking equipment, VOIP phone systems and associated cable runs. In addition to these main tasks other IT related projects arise from time to time and the candidate may be called upon to assist with those as well. Some training will be provided in regards to the specific hardware requirements.
· Resolves or escalates problems, and manages risk for both development and productions support.
· Offers solutions that are technically sound and meet business requirements and IT standards.
· Communicates regularly to management on status, problems, issues, and underlying process problems.
· Communicates updates to customers in a timely manner on progress of issue resolution.
· Initiates field contact, schedules, and coordinates deployment of POS with the operations team.
· Responsible for all facets of POS deployment including: creation and dissemination of the POS deployment schedule with all departments involved, installation and setup, and physical inventory counts to assist in asset tracking.
· Repairs and replaces failed equipment in a thorough and timely fashion via shipping or onsite support.
· Responds to all calls and emails in a timely manner regarding POS Tech support and trouble shoots the issues thoroughly to determine the root cause.
· Provides after hours and/or weekend or holiday support (unscheduled support), as business needs arise.
· Documents and logs all operator’s questions and issues accurately and within prescribed turnaround period ensuring up to date statuses until the issue has been resolved.
· Requisitions and stages equipment for set-up and assists with equipment hardware and software installation.
· Coordinates vendors and contractors for specific projects or systems.
· Maintains deep knowledge and awareness of technical & industry best practices and trends, especially in technology and methodologies.
· Ensures good business relationships are maintained with multiple clients and other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
· Perform additional duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Must be able to travel 30%-50% of the time to deploy systems.
· Must be able to work for extended periods of time and flexible in the times worked
· Working fluency in Microsoft office, e.g. Excel, Windows
· Proficient analytical, problem-solving and decision- making skills
· Strong and effective written and oral communication skills
· Working knowledge of day to day restaurant operations, environment, and procedures.
· Working knowledge of POS systems
· Must reflect strong detail orientation with the ability to multitask
Proficiency in IT related practices
Strong interpersonal skills
A strong desire for completing tasks
A no excuses mindset
Strong communication skills
Willingness and means to travel
Bilingual a plus
SQL or MS access a plus
ADF Companies is an equal opportunity employer