Collections/creditors rights firm is looking for a dedicated and hardworking full-time litigation Paralegal for our Southeast Charlotte office. The paralegal will primarily be responsible for executing and monitoring the preparation of legal documents for collections matters. This candidate must be able to effectively communicate in a professional manner with staff and outside parties and manage a challenging workload in a high-volume legal environment.
• Analyze documents, court records, correspondence and all other aspects of a case as warranted.
• Assist attorneys in preparation for court hearings, including reviewing, analyzing and organizing court documents.
• Oversee service of process procedures and deadlines, acting as a liaison between attorneys and process servers/sheriff
• Coordinate and organize workload with the attorney/clerk and/or court preparer.
• Schedule court dates/depositions/mediations with court staff and attorney coverage for the same.
• Miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
• Ideal candidate will have minimum 2 years' experience working in an office environment
• Strong work ethic (work, performance, and attendance).
• Familiar in MS office applications (Word and Excel).
• Must be able to work with minimal guidance to prioritize and handle multiple concurrent tasks.
• Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
• Ability to tackle a variety of challenging tasks.
• Must possess motivation and drive to complete all assigned tasks by set deadlines.