SCOPE: Plan, lay out and perform all bench and machine operations to construct, alter and repair intricately designed and constructed tools, dies, fixtures, gauges, etc.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Construct and repair new and existing dies, fixtures, gauges, etc.
- Construct replacement die parts.
- Set-up and operate all department equipment (includes turning, grinding, milling, drilling and cutoff machines, cutting tools, etc.).
- May act as lead on given tooling projects interacting with Engineering, Manufacturing and coordinating Tool Room activities in the construction and repair of new and existing dies.
- May occasionally do development and experimental work.
- Ensure quality workmanship and dimensional accuracy of assigned work.
- Maintain a clean, safe and efficient work area.
- Assist with the training of new or inexperienced personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED/HSED.
- Excellent math skills (Adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, geometry, decimals).
- Journey-level status or equivalent experience.
- Experience and/or education and demonstrated ability to read and interpret blueprints and precision gauges.
- Must have own toolmaker tools or be willing to purchase.
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance per WF standards.
- Must work consistently within +/- .0001 tolerances.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written)
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work within a team
- Stand in one place 70% of the day.
- Stand in one place up to 3 hours at any one time.
- Sit up to 1 hour at a time.
- Using 2 hands lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
- Lift from floor up to 4 feet height.
APPLY: In person at 54 Golf Drive or 101 N. Grand Ave., Deerfield, WI or apply on line.