Performs special cleaning projects as well as daily cleaning duties in accordance with standard procedures and contract objectives. An employee uses cleaning equipment, including automatic floor machines, commercial vacuums, wet mops, large wringers and other necessary equipment, tools, chemicals and supplies.
- Perform general clean-up of all areas of the building as directed.
- Ensure rooms are maintained and fully equipped cleaning and sanitizing offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, kitchenettes and public areas.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Gather and empty trash and recycling. May include transporting trash from collection points to incinerator, compactor, or pick-up areas.
- Inside window pane, glass surfaces, and mirror cleaning to a height no greater than body height plus an arm’s extension from floor level, during periodic cleaning maintenance programs.
- Polish metal fixtures or trimmings.
- Complete non-routine cleaning according to specified job orders, handle emergency cleaning and upkeep requests, and tackle heavy cleaning jobs upon request.
- Maintain and upkeep of all cleaning equipment, supplies, and products.
- Reports repairs and replacements needed when encountered on job.
- Mix and dispose of all cleaning solutions appropriately.
- Follow all health and safety regulations.
- Ensuring safe and sanitary storage and care of products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Sweep, mop, scrub, and/or vacuum floors.
- “Spot” cleaning carpets.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets as needed or if in the contract.
- Use electrically powered scrubbing and polishing machines to burnish, scrub, polish and spray clean floors (after receiving proper instruction and training).
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- To replenish consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) if required within the contract.
- The use of chemical agents as directed by the Supervising Officer in the discharge of cleaning operations or maintenance procedures, after receiving proper instructions and training.
- Other duties as assigned
- Clean toilets, urinals, hand basins, sinks, baths, showers and drinking fountains, and wipe surfaces.
- Replenish consumables such as soap, paper towels, toilet paper, etc.
- Empty trash and sanitary bins.
- Dust the fan/vent.
- Clean all piping.
- Mop and scrub floors.
- Clean grout as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Capacity to take direction.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as a team.
- Ability to stand for long lengths, walk, bend, reach, stretch, push, pull and lift repetitively during working hours.
- Physically capable of lifting and moving objects up to 50 pounds as necessary.
- At least 3 years proven working experience as a cleaner.
- Ability to handle heavy janitorial equipment/tools.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies, proper storage and disposal methods, and techniques for cleaning.
- Able to follow verbal directions and schedule.
- Ability to work well alone, or with a partner or team.
- Reliable and punctual with a dedicated professionalism to job and duties.
- Able to adapt to changing schedules or routines.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Pays attention to detail when cleaning.
High school diploma or equivalent; relevant experience; or knowledge, skills, and mental ability equivalent to 2 years of high school education.
English preferred and/or Spanish
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MFM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
MFM IS AN E-VERIFY EMPLOYER
Applicants much receive favorable background and drug screen results and meet eligibility requirements for access to government computer systems and/or facilities.