Provides for the maintenance of the plant’s machinery, grounds, buildings and equipment and assists with the repairs of same. This is the first level position in the maintenance classification and is expected to perform the job functions under direct supervision.
Primary Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
- Have proper hand tools and use them in the proper manner.
- Completes all daily paper work and walk through items and know there importance.
- May be required to go to different shifts for training or give training.
- Know how to operate lift trucks.
- Provides maintenance support required to sustain continuous operation of packaging and processing equipment.
- Properly set up all production lines.
- Properly convert the production lines to the various sizes.
- Lubricates all machinery with the correct lubricants.
- Changes drive belts, timing belts and other parts on all machinery.
- Identify problems before they results in a hazard or downtime situation.
- Changes filters and oils in plant equipment; changes packing and gaskets in all pumps.
- Identifies and replaces bearings and seals as required.
- Start up boiler, air compressors, dryers and associated equipment. Monitor gauges and indicators and log information as required.
- Maintains company standards for cleanliness, safety and productivity in the plant area.
- Ensures compliance to quality, food safety, HACCP, 5S, & OSHA programs, assures conformity to all company, customer, & government standards.
- Change out and clean & inspect all of the HVAC units in our plant.
- Must be able to read blueprints and schematics.
- Performs other duties/responsibilities as assigned by Management