The Mechanic (Stationary Technician) performs repairs and maintenance on recycling equipment, compact heavy equipment and light trucks to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repair of hydraulic systems, industrial electrical systems 480V, balers, conveyor systems and compactors.
• Diagnoses mechanical problems using charts, diagnostic software, technical manuals and expertise.
• Performs repairs and maintenance on recycling equipment, compact heavy equipment and light trucks to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repair of hydraulic systems, industrial electrical systems 480V, balers, conveyor systems and compactors.
• Repairs or replaces parts, such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings,
using mechanic's hand tools.
• Replaces conveyor belts, electrical motors, hydraulic cylinders and other mechanical parts.
• Reads and interprets VCRs (vehicle condition reports) and/or repair orders, communicates with supervisor and/or equipment operators for clarification of problems. May discuss preventive techniques with equipment users and vehicle drivers to minimize future repairs.
• Completes paperwork associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for applied times (work order times versus time card times).
• Complete daily consumables report to record hours, fuel and oil usage, and provide information for input in Republic Services Dossier (Fleet Management Software) system.
• May repair and install plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures.
• Performs repairs and preventative maintenance on rolling stock (forklift, skid steers, trailers and front loaders).
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 1 year of related equipment maintenance and repair or trade school certification. (Required)
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Mechanical or trade school certificate.
• PLC troubleshooting and problem solving ability with practical, mechanical and electrical aptitude.
• Prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Prior experience working with conveyors.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is a leader in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through 340 collection operations, 201 transfer stations, 195 active landfills, 90 recycling centers, 7 treatment, recovery and disposal facilities, 12 saltwater disposal wells, and 68 landfill gas and renewable energy projects across 40 states and Puerto Rico. Republic Services Inc. is a holding company and all operations are conducted by its subsidiaries. Unless the context requires otherwise, all references to “Republic,” “Republic Services,” “the Company,” “we,” “us” and “our” refer to Republic Services, Inc. and its consolidated subsidiaries.