The electroplater is responsible for setting up and controlling plating equipment to coat metal objects electrolytically with copper, nickel, silver, gold, rhodium or other metal to provide protective or decorative surfaces according to specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads work order to determine size and composition of object to be plated, type concentration and temperature of plating solution, type and thickness and location of specified plating metal, and amount of electrical current and time required to complete plating process.
- Measures, marks, and masks areas that should be excluded from plating.
- Mixes and tests the strength of the plating solution using instruments and chemical tests.
- Sets up and controls plating equipment to coat metal objects electrolytically with chromium, copper, cadmium, or other metal to provide protective or decorative surfaces or to build up worn surfaces according to specifications.
- Applies electroplated coatings to high quality metal components using standard electroplating technology.
- Inspects plated objects visually at the end of the plating process to determine the thickness of metal deposit or measure the deposit thickness using instruments, such micrometers or calipers.
- As part of the finishing process, may grind, polish or rinse the plated object in water and dry it to maintain a clean even surface.
- Recognizes plating defects and advises the Finishing Supervisor when they occur.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Other skills required:
- Experience as a Metal Finisher, Electroplater or Metal Fabricator in a chemical manufacturing, or electro polishing production environment
- Ability to read gauges, meters and rectifiers
- Some experience handling or working around industrial applications
- Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with others
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with limited supervision
- Maintain a safe and organized work area
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Adheres to and promotes all company safety rules and requirements
Ira Green, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity