Finding the right place to grow your career isn’t (over) easy, so we’re here to help by sharing a few reasons why the grass is greener at Vital Farms. We think you’ll appreciate our focus on Conscious Capitalism, which drives business decisions that benefit all our stakeholders (leading to even better business results). You might be drawn to our innovative approach and refusal to settle for the “way things have always been done.” Or you could find it exciting to grow your skills while working for an industry-leading brand. Whether you’re into our values, our brand, or our egg-cellent puns, we hope you’ll join our Crew and help us change the world 108 square feet at a time!
Are you a positive, upbeat person who easily relates to a diverse set of people? Do you communicate clearly, professionally, and appropriately without compromising the “Human” approachability of Human Resources? Do you pride yourself on providing egg-cellent service to internal stakeholders? Vital Farms is seeking an HR Generalist who will serve as a resource to our Crew for their questions and needs relating to payroll, policy, benefits, 401k, attendance, etc. Reporting into the Director of HR, this role is ideal for Human Resources professionals with strong attention to detail and unparalleled organizational skills, who prefer to direct their own work with minimal supervision.
What You'll Do:
- Understand and apply Vital Farms policy and local laws regarding payroll, benefits, etc. Demonstrate knowledge of company, department and legal policies and procedures to ensure we operate accordingly.
- Ensure accuracy of time records, process PTO, and crewmember pay increases. Serve as back-up to Payroll Specialist for bi-weekly payroll through Paycom for all Vital Farms crewmembers.
- Perform benefits administration. Set up new hire benefits coverage, terminate coverage for exiting crewmembers, and, provide support for annual benefit renewal and open enrollment for all Vital Farms crewmembers.
- Administer Egg Central Station no-fault attendance policy.
- Administer hourly crewmember performance reviews and process pay increases.
- Deliver new hire orientation, complete onboarding in accordance with orientation calendar, and coordinate other required trainings from Quality and Safety departments.
- Respond to internal and external requests by extracting information and data from the HRIS. Deliver via relevant reporting methods.
- Manage Worker’s Compensation claims to include: Reporting claims, ensuring appropriate crewmember medical treatment, working with managers regarding modified duties.
- Administer all Leaves of Absence including FMLA.
- Maintain confidential information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as an HR Generalist with employee populations to create a culture of respect, communication, mutual accountability, hard work and harmony.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience processing payroll, HRIS information and data requests, and benefits administration.
- Demonstrated Paycom experience and competence strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have above average Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
- Experience in managing multiple projects and priorities.
- You’re no hero – You know the power of teamwork and celebrate the work of others before your own.
- You give a sh*t – You believe in acting like an owner and making Vital Farms a place to be proud of.
- You raise the standards – You know growth can be hard, but you strive to improve yourself and others each day.
- You can walk in someone else’s boots – You seek to understand other’s viewpoints and think that you get to better answers by sitting on the same side of the table.
- You don’t walk on eggshells – You’re not afraid to leave the bullsh*t behind and have honest conversations.
What's in it for You:
- Be part of a movement to bring ethically produced food to the table
- Work in a Mission-focused environment alongside passionate colleagues
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Companywide bonus program
- Generous retirement contributions
- Free eggs, butter, and ghee, along with friends and family discounts
- Fun team SWAG
- Learning and Development team dedicated to your growth
Vital Farms is a Certified B Corp that sources and markets delicious, high-quality, ethically-sourced egg and dairy products nationwide. We started on a single family-farm in Austin, TX in 2007, with 20 Rhode Island hens and a drive to raise the standards in sustainable agriculture. Today Vital Farms is THE leading producer of pasture raised eggs, partnering with more than 200 family farms, and selling into over 13,000 grocery stores around the country. We believe that a healthy bottom line is the result of healthy business practices, and we care deeply about supporting all our stakeholders. This includes our crew, our consumers, our retailers, and of course our happy hens and contented cows. In short, we exist to improve the lives of people, animals, and our planet through food.
Vital Farms will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.
In order to fulfill Vital Farms mission to “bring ethically produced food to the table,” we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create a welcoming and innovative environment that is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunities.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Vital Farms does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other status protected by law.