Education: College degree preferred. High school Graduate or equivalent professional experience
Experience: Office experience with background in financial services or
accounting is desirable
• Minimum of 3-years of experience and mastery of the following:
• Answer phones and greet Trust clients, handle calls related to trust accounts and answer routine inquiries.
• File and scan documents
• Archive files as necessary
• Bill paying
• Receive, open and distribute incoming mail as required
• As directed by Trust Officer, create and maintain files for current and future business accounts
• Complete opening and closing account checklists, assist with inventories, set up trusts in the trust accounting system, assist with asset transfers, account reviews and information for the monthly trust committee meeting, as directed by Trust Officer
• Assist with tax filing
• Assist with trust operations (Medford branch)
• Creating distribution packets to beneficiaries as directed by Trust Officer
• Learn all necessary aspects of the trust accounting software
• Develop competency in applicable regulatory requirements of the trust department
• Attend meetings – occasionally requiring travel out of town
• Other duties as assigned to meet client and departmental needs
Ability to concentrate and focus on essential functions in appropriate priority order is required. Requires interaction with clients and co-workers in sometimes difficult circumstances requiring patience. Requires being punctual, dependable, detail oriented and responsible for work outcomes and results. Requires sitting for long periods and traveling to other departments and locations, as needed. Requires contact with others by telephone conversations, use of electronic mail, and face-to-face discussions. Requires completion of assigned FIS Training courses with a passing percentage. Professional environment requiring appropriate professional demeanor and attire. Work is performed indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
• self-motivated team player
• ability to successfully navigate changes in departmental systems and software
• ability to adapt to changes in policies and procedures
• willingness to assume additional responsibilities as requested
• superior computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and the ability to learn accounting systems and data bases
• excellence in client service
• excellence in oral and written communication skills
• ability to maintain strict confidentiality on all sensitive issues
• understanding and application of administration activities
• ability as detail oriented and organized
• analytical and problem-solving skills
• ability to manage time
• ability to handle stressful situations in a professional manner
• ability to understand trust, agency and probate terms and documentations
• ability to understand tax and legal concepts
• competency in basic mathematical skills
• ability to operated ten-key calculator or adding machine
• ability to accurately type up to 30 words per minute or better
• ability to use scanner and photocopying equipment
• ability to lift up to 30 lbs. if necessary
• ability to work with others in a cooperative manner that supports a team environment
CORE BEHAVIORS for DELIVERING ON THE PROMISE
Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the client, whether internal or external.
Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the client, increase personal satisfaction and improve the Bank.
Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
Problem Solving. Being creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternative, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
Communication. Keep other informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
Have a Sense of Community. We firmly believe that we’re only as strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an important part of who we are.