The Electrical Controls Engineer is responsible for all technical support, designing, programming, and commissioning of PLC hardware and software on all types of equipment and machinery across the manufacturing network. This position will play a key role in a growing company, working on multiple projects improving and expanding refining capabilities and capacity.
Electrical Controls Engineer's Preferred Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- Minimum two years of experience with Controls Systems in manufacturing, preferred in steel, chemical or food production
- Experience with commitment to excellence, including Safety and Quality Assurance
- Experience in different industrial communication protocols, including MQTT, Modbus, OPC-UA, etc.
- Experience in advanced industrial control application, including IoT, Predictive maintenance is a plus.
- Proficient with computer aid design software (CAD) is a plus
Electrical Controls Engineer's Required Competencies and Skills:
- Demonstrated process engineering acumen, strong, effective problem solver
- Ability to focus on several projects simultaneously and demonstrate ability to manage priorities appropriately
- English language fluency – listening and comprehending, speaking, reading, and writing
- Excellent, proactive, oral and written communication skills
- Work effectively in collaborative environment, take the lead in assigned tasks, build teams to achieve goals
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Strong attention to detail
Electrical Control's Engineer's Essential Functions:
- Maintain controls equipment and network across the manufacturing site
- Create PLC (Siemens, Schneider, and Allen Bradley) programs for new process equipment, upgrade for existing equipment
- Create HMI screens for new process equipment, upgrade for existing equipment
- Troubleshoot controls issues including PLC, HMI, VFD both remotely and on site
- Specify, purchase, and / or design electrical and control panels
- Install, manage and facilitate use of Manufacturing Execution Systems by operations / leadership personnel
- Develop and build supporting ecosystems of advanced industrial applications, including IoT, predictive and augmented maintenance
- Support Engineering & Refining teams with installation of new technologies
We offer an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including Health Insurance, a Dental/Vision, 401(k), Profit Sharing. Tuition Reimbursement and Paid Time Off.
We will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
As Riverdale Mills celebrates 40 years of manufacturing excellence, we applaud our talented employees and hope to inspire the next generation of U.S. manufacturers. Our dynamic team of employees is the heartbeat of our business.
We are currently hiring individuals looking to build their careers as we continue to build our business. Our wire mesh products, 3,500 in all, are essential products used in the marine, utilities, telecommunications, defense, agriculture, transportation, energy, water, and wastewater industries.
What we are looking for:
- Proactive team player with positive attitude
- Willingness to learn and work hard
- Pride and ownership in your contribution to a growing organization
- Dependable with a strong work ethic
- We are very Veteran Friendly!
If this sounds like you, please apply ASAP!
Employee health and safety is Riverdale Mills’ top priority. Employees are provided with protective face masks and gloves, enhanced cleaning procedures remain in place, and social distancing is required by all to ensure the well-being of our team members.