DESCRIPTION: Mr. Chips, Inc., a leading global supplier of pickles and pepper products is recruiting for a QA Tech at its Macon, GA operation. The position is responsible for conducting food safety and quality evaluations and monitoring Critical Control Point (CCP) and Critical Quality Point (CQP) for the release of fermented produce for further manufacturing.
- Ensures that the Critical Control Point (CCP) for pH is tested. Monitors equipment for calibration and function and ensures accuracy according to company policy.
- Ensures that Critical Quality Points (CQP), salt concentration, is conducted and reported per company policies and procedures.
- Ensures that Tank Yard workers are aware of progress of evaluations for food safety or quality.
- Evaluates all aspects of the monitoring function of products are within the food safety and quality guidelines, as defined in company policy and customer specifications.
- Ensures proper recording of lot identification for ingredients, labels and finished product.
- Enforces and follows company policies and procedures.
- Requests that appropriate materials are retrieved and staged for laboratory needs.
- Oversees production records to assure proper product traceability.
- Requests service for laboratory and monitoring equipment as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 1 year of experience preferred in manufacturing setting or similar environment.
- Knowledgeable in basic good laboratory practices.
- Knowledgeable in basic management skills.
- Must have good communication and math skills.
- Must have the ability to work in cross functional situations.
- Must be able to work overtime.
Only resumes that match the requirements of the position will be contacted for interviews.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $15.25 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Laboratory Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)