The Senior SQL/Java Developer will work with an experienced IT team on the continued development of proprietary software systems for operational and business needs in the non-emergency medical transportation industry. The ideal candidate will bring years of experience in programming, systems architecture, and data management. Experience in FileMaker is highly recommended, experience in other platforms may be a benefit, and integration with other systems (outside of Secure Transportation) will be required.The skills and experience will be instrumental to develop and scale software systems for our transportation operations and business needs. The candidate must be able to think creatively, be able to troubleshoot complex issues, and work in a national team environment. The position requires technical proficiency, the ability to organize time, the ability to proactively meet deadlines, and the ability to positively influence and interact with non-technical employees. Verbal and written communication skills are key as this position and inter-department presentations are required at times, to demonstrate the ability of systems and planned software releases or to gather information to assess project needs.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Perform day-to-day tasks as assigned • Will develop and write computer programs to store, locate and retrieve specified documents, data, and information for internal and external use. • Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real-time, providing problem resolution. • Refine and automate processes, track issues, and document changes. • Evaluate and analyze business data and recommend appropriate next steps to achieve objectives. • Will perform work independently at times, as well as part of a team. • Provide statistical analysis to develop, test, and optimize databases to their full potential. • Lead Alpha/Beta testing efforts for database and project rollouts. • Create regular reporting summarizing key metrics and trends to key team members and Management. • Effectively prioritize and manage concurrent projects, demonstrate initiative, and work independently with minimal supervision. • Drive results and leverage past experiences to improve the environment and related processes. • Coordinate with other departments to update and integrate processes, as necessary. • Apply data modeling techniques to ensure integration and performance expectations are met as well as allow for future flexibility to meet changing business needs. • Other duties as assigned.
Education & Training
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent Management Information Systems field is required.
Knowledge and Experience
• Minimum of 3+ years direct experience as a SQL Developer. • Minimum of 3+ years direct experience as a Java Developer. • Minimum of 3+ years of Data Analysis experience. • Experience and/or familiarity with FileMaker. • Demonstrated knowledge of large, relational databases and data structures. • Familiarity with Cloud Services integration with SQL.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate
with all levels of staff and management. • Strong quantitative skills, attention to detail, and a high aptitude for problem solving. • Able to work as a team player.
• Office and/or remote setting.
• While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk and/or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment including a computer; reach with hands and arms, and lift up to 25 pounds.
• EEO/AAP Employer