Who We Are:
Smithers-Oasis, located in Kent, Ohio, is a global leader in the manufacturing and marketing of floral, grower, post-harvest and specialty foam products. We have operations in over 20 countries. Established in 1954, Smithers-Oasis’ brands include OASIS® Floral Products, FLORALIFE® Postharvest Products, OASIS® Grower Solutions and ENGINEERED PRODUCTS.
To learn more about who we are, please visit our website at www.smithersoasis.com.
What We Need:
We are seeking a skilled Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician who can troubleshoot, perform routine mechanical and electrical maintenance, repair, and install equipment within our facilities. This individual, by nature, must be a good communicator, trustworthy and reliable.
Areas of focus for this role will include (but not be limited to):
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain manufacturing and facility equipment.
- Perform electrical troubleshooting which includes variable frequency drives and basic troubleshooting of PLC and CNC controlled equipment.
- Responsible for the electrical installation of new, used, and relocated equipment per applicable electrical and building codes.
- Responsible for planning, generating bills of material, and purchasing materials for electrical projects.
- Perform basic machining tasks using a vertical mill, metal lathe, and surface grinder.
- Perform basic fabrication tasks. TIG, MIG, or stick welding skills preferred.
- Perform facility upgrades or repairs which could involve carpentry, plumbing, roof repair, and painting.
- Perform duties as specified by work orders, blueprints, sketches or charts.
- Inspect completed work for conformance to specifications.
- Perform all work with adherence to safety procedures and applicable codes.
- Maintain daily log of activities performed.
- Participate and support PSM-PM and PM programs.
- Assist in snow removal of designated areas.
- Assist as required, in maintaining plant safety and security.
- Attend appropriate/required educational training programs.
- Lead, participate in and support Smithers-Oasis continuous improvement activities.
- Perform other duties as required.
Who We Are Looking For:
- An individual with a high school diploma with an electrical certification from a trade school, college or formal technical education
- An individual who has 3 - 5 years of industrial electrical experience
- An individual with experience in Process Safety Management (PSM); predictive and preventative maintenance tasks is preferred.
- An individual with excellent verbal, written and customer service skills
- An individual who holds a valid driver's license.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay for this position is $24.20 per hour but may increase based on relevant experience.
- Our company culture places a high value on integrity and trust, respect and collaboration and offers an opportunity to add value to the organization and build strong professional relationships.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefit plan options, quarterly bonus pay, paid-time off and an immediately vested company-matched 401k plan.
This is a full-time position which will, at times, require overtime hours as well as call-backs. Call backs may occur during off-shifts. The normal work schedule will typically rotate from Monday through Thursday from 6:00am to 4:30pm and Monday through Thursday from 6:30am to 5:00pm.