Riverdale Mills is hiring! We are our located is Northbridge just 15 mins from Northern RI and 15 mins from Worcester, and offering a $700 Hiring Bonus.
The PVC Coating Operator performs a variety of standard coating line operations to set-up and operate PVC wire coating line equipment following standard procedures to produce the highest quality products.
PVC Coating Operator Requirements:
- Ability to communicate with others.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience as a team leader, manager or supervisor preferred.
- Ability to train others.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read and use micrometer and measuring tape.
- Knowledgeable in the use of various hand and electrical power tools.
- Understand production schedule to maximize output
PVC Coating Operator Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work from manuals, specification sheets, job tickets and orders, written and verbal instructions.
- Set-up ensuring that speed and temperature of equipment is in accordance with prescribed levels for various types of wire.
- Adjust PVC wire coating line for the efficient production of quality coated wire mesh.
- Determine materials that are necessary as indicated by production specifications and assure all process tanks are filled to proper levels as prescribed by engineering and supervision.
- Select correct spindles for production run and ensure proper installation.
- Feed lead-wire through machine and position for pick-up.
- Operate equipment while making sure that temperature, speed and product adjustments are standardized to maintain quality and quantity control during processing.
- Perform minor maintenance and general upkeep of line equipment. For example, simple maintenance of Polywrap machine to ensure machine contains proper size sheets of polyethylene for production run.
- Visually check product to ensure it contains all appropriate tags and labels.
- Use various hand and electrical power tools, micrometers, plug gauge, supplies and equipment to perform job.
- Maintain necessary records.
- Move materials as necessary in the performance of duties or as directed.
- Detect and report improper operation of faulty equipment and unusual conditions to the supervisor.
- Maintain work area and equipment in clean, safe and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations along with maintaining quality standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by manager.
- On feet for most of shift
- Lifting up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Pushing, pulling, turning, twisting, and bending.
- Moving heavy weight material; such as wire mesh rolls
- Repetitive hand motion.
Riverdale Mills Corporation is one of the largest manufacturers of galvanized and PVC coated welded wire mesh in the world. A privately held company based in Northbridge, MA, Riverdale Mills specializes in the design and manufacturing of commercial, industrial and consumer wire products, tools and accessories for the marine, aquaculture, security, and construction and farming industries. The company’s exemplary quality and manufacturing expertise is known worldwide. Riverdale’s brand names include: Aquamesh®, WireWall®, MarineMesh®, Geomesh™ and Soft-Step™.
We offer an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, a dental/vision, 401(k), Profit Sharing and Paid Time Off.
Riverdale Mills is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
If you are a proactive person who takes pride and ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail and want to be part of a growing organization this could be your next long term role.