Riverdale Mills is hiring! We are our located is Northbridge just 15 mins from Northern RI and 15 mins from Worcester, and offering a $700 Hiring Bonus.
The Shear Operator performs various standard operations to cut panels from rolls of coated wire mesh; trim panel after cutting to produce a finished panel with smooth edges, which meets other customer quality and size specifications.
Shear Operator Requirements:
- Ability to communicate with others.
- Have a mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to read and use micrometer and measuring tape.
- Must be able to use various hand and power tools.
Shear Operator Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine operations to operate shearing machine to produce wire mesh panels to meet customer orders.
- Position the roll of wire mesh on roller.
- Pull correct amount of wire under blade and onto table in accordance with size of panels being cut. Activate foot pedal to cut panel.
- Check regularly to
- assure panels meet customer size specifications, and visually inspect wire for quality problems.
- Work from job order to determine proper amount of panel trimming necessary to meet customer requirements.
- Lift each panel; align it with cutters on trimming table and position properly for trimming.
- Guide panel steadily and carefully through cutters to make a clean, uniform cut, meeting size specifications. Visually inspect panels for missed spots of plastic coating and other quality problems. Use “touch-up” can of PVC to manually fill in sparse spots of plastic coating. Palletize and bundle finished panels.
- Use hoist to assist in positioning heavy rolls of wire mesh on rollers.
- Use tape measures and other measuring devices to measure for proper panel cutting and finished panels.
- Use a variety of hand tools in adjusting equipment for different types of wire mesh.
- Maintain necessary records.
- Move material as necessary in the performance of duties or as directed.
- Detect and report improper operation of faulty equipment and finished wire products and unusual conditions to the Supervisor. Maintain work area and equipment in a clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations along with maintaining quality standards.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Standing most of shift.
- Ability to position rolls of wire (500 lbs.+ with the aid of an overhead crane) on/off pallets.
- Ability to position rolls of wire mesh (500 lbs.+ with the aid of an overhead crane) on rollers.
- Ability to stack, palletize and band panels of wire mesh onto pallet.
Riverdale Mills Corporation is one of the largest manufacturers of galvanized and PVC coated welded wire mesh in the world. A privately held company based in Northbridge, MA, Riverdale Mills specializes in the design and manufacturing of commercial, industrial and consumer wire products, tools and accessories for the marine, aquaculture, security, and construction and farming industries. The company’s exemplary quality and manufacturing expertise is known worldwide. Riverdale’s brand names include: Aquamesh®, WireWall®, MarineMesh®, Geomesh™ and Soft-Step™.
We offer an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, a dental/vision, 401(k), Profit Sharing and Paid Time Off.
Riverdale Mills is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
If you are a proactive person who takes pride and ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail and want to be part of a growing organization this could be your next long term role.