OneWall Communities is looking for a Service Technician, to bring not only your customer service skills, but an attention to detail and the ability to recognize problems before they happen. As the Service Technician, you understand that it is a resident’s home. Not only do you fix the problem, you pride yourself on your interaction with the resident, taking the time to understand and listen to their concerns.
- Ensure all service requests and repairs are made correctly and in a timely manner
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe work area
- To accurately assess, fix, and complete technical issues/tasks related to HVAC, electrical, construction, and plumbing deficiencies
- Assist Superintendent with monitoring inventory of parts and supplies at appropriate levels
- Comply with all personnel management policies and procedures
- To use technological devices to submit work orders, review emails, etc. into property management software systems
- Help in the completion of service requests in 24 hours or per community policy
- Help Superintendent ensure staff is motivated and functions as an effective team
- Maintain superior customer service relationship
- Communicate effectively with residents, fellow associates, vendors and supervisors
- Work with service manager to maintain effective preventative maintenance program
- Inspect grounds, buildings, and other community features as required to minimize liability concerns
- Work with team to ensure excellent curb appeal at all times
- Assist with turnkey operations if needed
- Attend and participate in technical training programs to maintain personal skill level
- Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor
Successful candidates can demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Communication Skills
- Stress Tolerance
- Conflict Management
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- 1 year of General Maintenance background with experience in construction, plumbing, electrical and HVAC.
- 1 year previous residential experience strongly preferred
Hours/Shift: primarily 8:30am-5pm Monday - Friday; Shifts will include rotating weekends and evenings as well as on-call shifts
Why Should You Apply?
- Comprehensive Benefit Packages
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Fun and Inclusive Culture
- Retirement Savings Plan
OneWall Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive work environment. OneWall Communities prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.