· Must continually be able to lift and handle heavy loads up to 70 lbs.
· Must have good eyesight (correctable to 20/20) and normal hearing for diagnostics and troubleshooting equipment two stroke and four stroke
· Must have Stihl Bronze certification
· Must Have Briggs and Stratton dealer certification.
· Basic knowledge of four and two stroke equipment
· Basic knowledge of electrical low voltage systems 12v and 24v
· Basic knowledge of all kinds of garden equipment Zero turn mowers, blowers, generators, trimmers. Pressure washers, basically all power equipment.
· Repair and maintain small engines, large lawn equipment, mowers, tillers, and other related vehicles and equipment.
· Responsibilities include diagnosing small engine problems, maintaining shop area cleanliness, and collecting and disposing of trash.
· Clearly explain (if called upon) to the customer’s satisfaction the diagnosis and repair of the machine in question.
· Continually seek both technical and product training when available.
· Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, improve and promote quality, and monitor own work to ensure quality
· Observe all safety and security procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment and materials properly.
· Treat management and other employees with respect and contribute to building a positive team spirit.
· Follow instructions and promptly respond to management direction.
· Work with integrity, always upholding company values.
· Perform related responsibilities/accountabilities as required or directed.
Daily Duties and Responsibilities:
· Begin each workday with a positive attitude by encouraging yourself to meet the daily and weekly goals. Work to develop a sense of “team” in the service department and across other departments.
· Repair or overhaul small engines and related mechanical or structural parts for a variety of equipment types.
· Perform repairs within the time parameters as established by flat rate time or billed time with proper diagnosis
· Maintain an orderly and clean work area. Also assist in keeping the entire shop orderly and clean.
· Collect and dispose of trash.
· Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with employees, vendors and customers
· Respond promptly to customer needs and manage difficult customer situations
· Completely fill out and turn in all work orders.
Weekly Duties and Responsibilities:
· Study and review all relevant product repair updates
· Inspect, clean and maintain all equipment used
· Report any faulty equipment or hazards to the shop supervisor
Meet with supervisor to discuss the weekly repair trends, comebacks and service problems'