Do you like working outdoors, using tools, and the feeling of accomplishment after building something? If so, we'd like to chat! This is a great opportunity for Veterans transitioning back into civilian life and ready to build a new career using the skills you learned serving our country!
Apply for your spot in a Registered Apprenticeship Program (RA) to take advantage of an explosive growth opportunity into an in demand, specialty career field. Participating in this program ensures that you are trained to industry and company standards. *After program completion, successful apprentices who choose to follow the path of advancement from repairs and into a sales position, can make over $125,000 per year.
A Registered Apprenticeship (RA) means you:
- Get paid to learn on-the-job
- Earn higher wages
- Train with skilled journeyworker professional
- Become part of an elite niche industry
- Have a skilled trade career (with no student debt)
- Gain valuable, in demand skills
- Secure your future with growth potential
~ Open Enrollment happening now ~ Apply today. ~
Complete your application today to see if you qualify to become a Fireplace and Chimney Repair Apprentice. Selected candidates, who successfully complete the application, minimum qualifications, and two interviews (phone and in-person) can start their work-based paid training within just a few days.
BASE PAY: $20-$30 per hour to start during training with a $1 per hour raise upon certification. (Starting pay depends on relevant experience)
Annual Salary ranges between $55,000 - $80,000 per year (amount depends on experience and education upon hire, skills aptitude assessments, and overtime hours).
The RA program combines on-the-job learning with coursework and related technical instruction, giving you the qualifications it takes to succeed. This is a Competency based program that takes a minimum of 1 year (or 2000 hours) of job training, and 211.5 hours of Related Technical Instruction (RTI).
Participating in our apprenticeship allows you to start earn higher wages than unskilled workers. Successful graduates of our program will help you advance faster into leadership roles. It's possible you could move into a supervisory position within the first 18 months on the job (advancement is dependent on open positions and the dedication of the applicant).
Upon completion of an apprenticeship, workers are awarded a Completion of Apprenticeship certificate, which is valid anywhere in the United States. The certificate demonstrates the knowledge and skills needed for successful performance as a professional. Many apprentices obtain credit from participating community and technical colleges toward an Associate Degree.
- Follow safety guidelines and use protective equipment
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Choose appropriate tools and materials based on mechanical needs
- Use hand and power tools and other equipment (e.g. pneumatic drill, saws, ladder, etc.)
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Load equipment and prepare trucks for departure
- Unload trucks and carry materials onto work sites
- Prepare job sites for construction operations
- Build and break down scaffolding with attention to safety
- Use equipment to demolish or break old forms and structures
- Clean up roof and grounds to remove debris and discarded materials
- Cut, assemble and install steel chimney liner systems
- Perform a variety of on-site installations, repairs, maintenance tasks (e.g. prefab assembly, concrete mixing, wood-working, brick-masonry work.)
- Apply sealants and/or moisture protection applications to completed structures
- Install various types of heating and venting systems to ensure functionality
- Prepare and apply materials to build structures or fill gaps and brick joints
- Smooth and level new concrete or other materials
- Provide customer support as needed, during field visits
- Collaborate with other workers to produce a finished project
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Have a driver's license with a clean driving record
- Submit a background check and drug screening
- Must be able to reliably commute daily to Spring Hill, KS (or be willing to relocate)
- Medical Insurance (Health/Dental/Vision)
- 401K Retirement plan (3% Matching)
- 9-Paid Holidays
- 2-Weeks PTO in the first year
- Reimbursement for personal vehicle mileage (if used for business purposes)
- Relocation Assistance (*for qualified applicants)
- Tuition Assistance (*for qualified applicants)
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Annual Performance Bonuses
- Free Snacks and Beverages (all day-everyday)
- Daily Hot-Lunch options
- On-Site Gym
- $1200 Sign-On Bonus (*$200 on your first paycheck; the remainder paid after your first completed 90 days! Conditions apply; must request details during interview or in writing before hire.)
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- 4-day vacation for Thanksgiving
- 5-day vacation for Christmas
Upon Hire All Repair Technicians are provided:
- Company work truck (for use during business hours)
- Tools and Work Clothing
- 100% Paid Training starts on your first day
- Full-benefits start after completion of 90-days