Requisition ID: 81720
Posting Locations: Baltimore
Click here to view a Day in the Life of our Teammates!
Our Secret Ingredient is our Teammates.
We offer great rewards, competitive pay, career advancement and growth opportunities.
Full Time Teammates are also eligible for:
• Paid Training
• Paid Time Off plus paid holidays
• Group Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability
• Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Refresh and Grow your Career with Us!
The Mechanic Manufacturing I is responsible for repairing and maintaining all assets in the production facility. This position also responds promptly to equipment breakdowns and repairs the machinery in a timely manner and performs planned and unscheduled work, as necessary. The Mechanic Manufacturing I also maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results; maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level as well as anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications, and troubleshooting malfunctions
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, using precision measuring, and testing instruments
- Monitors and maintains multiple pieces of equipment by correctly completing assigned PMs; performing corrective maintenance work orders, filling out all paperwork, work orders, parts usage, and order forms
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques, monitoring compliance, and assisting production as needed to keep the line running at top efficiency
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Read and follow SOPs or instructions
- Computer skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Competency in monitoring and adjusting equipment speeds, temperatures, and liquid levels
- Identify and troubleshoot complex process issues
- Make mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic adjustments
- Preferred ability to read blueprints, electrical prints, and machine schematics
- Ability to comprehend complex processing equipment
- Individual needs to possess the initiative to further technical expertise
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controls (PLCs) required
- High school diploma or GED
- Knowledge acquired through 1 to up to 3 years of work experience
- Advanced knowledge with preferred 2 plus years experience in plant maintenance and high-speed production equipment, and, or certification of technical schooling in this area
Noisy, wet, and extreme temperature environment
Coca-Cola Consolidated, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.