OPTO is a fast-paced, constantly-growing retail store fixture manufacturing company selling to the retail industry. We believe in relentlessly communicating, both to our employees and our customers, in an effort to constantly improve ourselves. We are obsessively focused on helping our clients be successful, which in turn makes us successful.
OPTO employs vested, responsive and adaptive people who work hard as a tight team. We have first-class marketing and a design-led sales interface focused on fully understanding and guiding each customer to be successful through the purchase of our product. The product itself is high-quality, customizable, durable, and built from inventory-based components. This gives us industry-leading speed and reliability in execution, which in turn gives our customers the confidence to partner with us for years to come.
At OPTO, marketing is about understanding the retail industry and building awareness about how our products/services can satisfy the retailer’s needs. We’re looking for an experienced and versatile digital marketing specialist who is hungry to do this and more. Our ideal candidate will help unify and grow our digital marketing efforts. This individual will combine creative communication skills and technical ability to evaluate, implement, and optimize OPTO's online presence. He/she will be comfortable with day-to-day marketing activities, as well as recommending long and short-term strategy, thriving with tight deadlines and changing needs. He/she will help craft promotional messaging/campaigns and will work to publish or distribute them to the retail industry via web, digital media, advertising platforms, and social media. Working in the OPTO marketing department also requires strong organization and communication skills to be able to execute OPTO’s marketing strategy.
The position is responsible for having a clear understanding of digital advertising platforms and strategies, adhering to budget constraints, ROAS, sales targets and contribution to the actions required to meet those goals. He/she will meet regularly with respective marketing team members to discuss departmental goals, timelines and strategies to build a stronger marketing presence in the industry.
He/she will collaborate with the Design Team in support of sales initiatives with new and existing clients to help drive revenue and increase awareness in the marketplace. Travel and occasional weekend work or extended hours may be required to execute and attend company sponsored tradeshows and conferences.
The most common job duties for a Digital Marketing Specialist include:
- Implementing digital marketing initiatives and assisting with general marketing activities as needed
- Analyzing customer insights, behavioral trends, competitor analysis, and overall best practices to inform and execute successful digital strategies
- Researching PPC advertising and communication trends, tools, ROAS and other metrics to advise on tactics, best practices, and new capabilities.
- Performing analyses on digital marketing strategy effectiveness and recommend enhancements
- Adherence to the marketing budget
- Creating and updating digital marketing reports
- Managing website CMS and digital advertising platforms
- Coordinating web design, development and administration as it relates to functionality and UX, with some collaboration on the design and creation of content.
- Overseeing continuous improvement of company website, advertising platforms, and other digital marketing initiatives.
- Collaborating on email and social media campaign strategies and execution.
- Utilizing CRM system to execute marketing campaigns and gather metrics to perform KPI analysis and inform future campaign decisions.
- Building, executing and optimizing email marketing campaigns and marketing automation
- Working with the marketing graphic designer to provide feedback on ad creative and optimize visuals for better campaign results
- Assisting with content creation, both visual and copywriting (e.g. webpages, ads, press releases, social posts, etc.)
- Assisting with updates to the digital marketing calendar
- Ensuring our brand messaging is consistent across digital sites and platforms
- Maintaining our online presence and enhancing the reputation of the company
- Demonstrating a willingness to continually learn about the Retail Store Industry as a whole to better understand and grow OPTO in that marketplace
Required Personal Skills
- Ability to work with and manage external vendor relationships
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and still maintain a sharp eye for detail
- Ability to educate, train and assist others
- Strong analytical skills
- Communicate quickly, clearly, and effectively across multiple departments and managerial levels
- Ability to work successfully in a strong team environment
- Ability to quickly interpret industry needs and effectively communicate appropriate digital marketing solutions
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills and grace under pressure
- Possesses a positive attitude and enthusiasm for success and influence other with this attitude
- Willingness to jump in and help wherever needed
Required Technical Skills/Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in digital marketing, advertising, communications or a related field
- B2B experience required (marketing modular product is a plus)
- 5-7 years experience implementing digital marketing (Experience targeting brick-and-mortar retailers highly valued, but not required)
- 5-7 years experience executing paid search and social media campaigns
- Proficiency with SEO/SEM tools and strategy
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Working knowledge of PPC and ad serving tools (e.g. Google Ads, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing PPC campaigns on all major search engines
- Experience building custom audiences and “lookalike” audiences for increased ad reach as well as implementing retargeting and remarketing campaigns
- Website management experience using a CMS (Drupal is a plus)
- Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Copywriting experience related to webpages, campaigns, and social media.
- Enterprise level email and marketing automation experience – campaign building, deployment, and metrics (Pardot, Marketo, ActiveCampaign, etc.)
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing to email database
- CRM experience (Salesforce is a plus)
- Salesforce utilization and in-depth knowledge of what the platform and its add-ons can provide (e.g. Pardot and AdStudio)
- DAM (Digital Asset Management) experience
- Understanding of Adobe Creative Suite software, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro and others a plus (video editing is also a plus)
- Google or other digital marketing certifications are a plus, but not required.
What we offer:
- A passionate, creative, and fun team who is dedicated to the growth of our company
- A diverse work experience (from concept to completion) where you can see projects come to life. Starting with the inception of projects in marketing and business development, to the concept and development in the design and engineering teams, all the way to fabrication in our factory and final delivery to our customers.
- Competitive salary and benefits package (401K-safe harbor, health care plan for employee, paid time off)
- Bonus Incentive program
OPTO International is an equal opportunity employer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.