The Process Specialist is responsible for monitoring (laboratory testing) and controlling various production processes in order to provide quality and efficient production. Primary focus is on the daily production needs but participation in longer term continuous improvement projects is also expected.
This position is part of a multi-person team that covers production needs on a 24-hour basis. Some of this work may also be allocated to straight day shift depending on specific needs. The position reports to the PQC supervisor.
- Maintain and issue current paste formulations to production team.
- Adjust paste formulations as needed within established processing limits.
- Testing of in-process paste and powder production samples.
- Determination and instruction of process adjustment based on test results to production team.
- Creating lab formulations when needed to mimic process adjustments.
- Routine communication with shop-floor pertaining to processing conditions.
- Participate/lead root cause analyses as production issues arise.
- Participate/lead continuous improvement projects as assigned.
- Establish and maintain necessary blend stock inventories and paste standards.
- Maintain off-grade inventory and create rework plans accordingly.
- Pilot lab work as directed.
- Utilize and strictly adhere to standardized test methods based on ASTM methods, Government, Industry, or company developed test methods.
- Utilize, develop, and/or modify documents within the TAI ISO 9001 system.
- Utilize and implement simple troubleshooting techniques to ensure test equipment is operating as intended.
- Proficiently use the Quality, and Inventory Modules of the company’s manufacturing reporting system (Ramco).
- Track and analyze data utilizing statistical methods and recommend areas of improvements both in the process and quality areas to the Quality/Technical/Process Team.
- Capable of determining solutions for customer complaints under the direction of the PQC Supervisor.
- Requisitioning and maintaining of lab supplies
- Leading the 5S effort in laboratory; ensure good housekeeping skills to maintain a safe work environment
- Perform internal calibrations of lab test equipment per Work Instructions.
- Develop sampling plans for aerospace/military powders via MIL specs and contracts
- Develop, administer and analyze Gage R & R studies (as necessary)
- Work with Technical to integrate new/upgraded lab test equipment (as necessary)
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related discipline.
- Excellent communication skills at all level within the organization.
- Computer proficiency using MS Office products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran