We are looking for a full time Lead Inspector in our Quality Control department.
● Read and analyze blueprints, quality documents and manuals
● Guides inspectors to use proper techniques
● Approve incoming material, conducts visual to ensure material meets specifications.
● Rejects non-conforming material
● Approve First Piece Inspection
● Maintains gauge calibration by following operation instructions.
● Documents inspection results by completing reports, summarizing re-work and waste, entering data in quality database.
● 5+ years of quality inspection experience
● Basic knowledge of mechanical systems
● Demonstrated critical thinking skills
● Proficiency with standard testing tools, calipers, micrometers, depth gauge, optical comparators
● Familiar with Microsoft Office
● Very good understanding of GD&T
Job Type: Full-time
If you are interested in a long-term career with a well-established, growing organization consisting of a team of skilled and dedicated employees, you should consider an opportunity at Volkert. We provide a full benefits package including medical/Rx, 401k, vacation, tuition assistance, and much more.
Conveniently located in Queens Village, NY (at the border of Queens and Nassau counties), near all parkways and expressway. Company is accessible to NYC buses, subways, and the Long Island Railroad. Free Parking for employees.
Volkert Precision Technologies is an industry leader in multi-slide, deep drawn metal stampings, progressive die stampings and value-added assembly solutions. We have 85 years of experience in New York. We serve the medical, military, electronics, aerospace, and automotive markets for stamped parts.
Volkert is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, height, weight, marital or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other protected class to the extent required by law.