The HelpDesk Support team member offers technical assistance to internal customers who are using software, hardware, or other computer systems and need help completing tasks or troubleshooting problems through diagnostic tests and remote access to their computers.
- Provides technical assistance for proprietary web and desktop applications to remote staff by phone and email.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues on Windows laptops, printers and serial devices.
- Accurately documents client interactions using a web-based ticketing system, accurately reporting the employee serviced, the nature of the issue, the specific steps taken to resolve the problem and time to repair.
- Provides frequent feedback to the Infrastructure Manager with insight into new and emerging issues as they’re discovered.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years’ experience working in an IT helpdesk environment strongly preferred
- Familiarity with browser-based applications (IIS/SQL Express), serial devices, Bluetooth devices, wireless network troubleshooting and tablet devices strongly preferred
- CompTIA A+, Google IT support certification helpful, but not required
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours as required
Physical Capabilities and Environment:
- Position primarily requires work using a PC and phone.
- Standard office environment and/or work from home.
- Noise levels in the work environment are usually low to moderate.