The Service Advisor will assist customers with questions, provide recommendations for the proper maintenance and repairs of vehicles for work to be done at the dealership, schedule appointments for customers, and advise when vehicles are completed. The Service Advisor will also take payments and close out repair orders as needed and required.
- Treat customers with courtesy and respect in accordance with dealership policies. Greet all customers that enter the service area. Discuss with customers the estimated cost of repairs or maintenance work that is to be provided. Give an estimated time when truck will be completed. Advise customers of any outstanding recalls or service maintenance programs including preventative maintenance that need to be completed. Secure agreement from customer on the repairs to be performed before any work is started.
- Write legible and complete repair orders by asking good diagnostic questions to identify customer needs/concerns, and record the information accurately. Enter all incoming repair orders into scheduling system in the order in which they are received. Identify repair orders that require special handling, such as rush, customer waiting, special problem, comeback, etc.
- Continue follow up on status of repairs to assure that truck will be ready when promised. Advise customers of status of repairs and any delays if truck will not be finished when promised. Get authorization from customer when estimate of costs needs to be changed. Contact customer for approval if additional repairs or maintenance is needed.
- Check and road test all completed repairs. Contact customer within three days after truck is repaired to assure satisfaction with repairs. Interpret warranty information and policies to customers.
- Provide all documents for warranty claims to the warranty department in a timely manner. Be up-to-date on technical and performance information on all vehicles serviced by the dealership.
- Answer telephone service inquiries.
- The Service Advisor will keep a close working relationship with the dispatchers on scheduling of repairs as well as the shop foreman and technicians on status of repairs and quality control.
- Self-service and maintenance to customers in person, by telephone, and other methods.
- Refer leads and prospects for vehicle sales to new or used trucks sales.
- Keep Service Manager informed of all problems and potential problems involving repairs for customers and their equipment. Keep working area clean, neat, and orderly. Purge and update computer files as required.
Pay will be determined by experience. Benefits package available first of the month following 60 days of employment. Employer paid life insurance policy when eligible for benefits. 24.0 sick hours available after 90 days of employment with more Paid Time off earned after one year of service.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
Salary: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types: