Duties and Responsibilities: In this role, the individual will be responsible for applying the principles and theories of science, engineering, and mathematics to solve technical problems in manufacturing, facilities, and research and development, including (but not limited to):
- Maintain all production and research equipment in an operational and calibrated state.
- Perform or arrange maintenance and calibration activities on production and research equipment.
- Coordinate activities with our landlord or third-party vendors to maintain the building and associated support systems.
- Create and maintain preventive maintenance, calibration and operational procedures for equipment
- Help develop and implement safety practices used in the prevention, control, or remediation of hazards.
- Identify and implement improvements in various manufacturing process steps to improve safety and reduce costs.
- Support scaling of manufacturing processes by installing and qualifying systems and equipment.
- Support production by inspecting products and processes, conducting tests, and collecting data
- Support research and development by conducting experiments, collecting data, and calculating or recording results.
- Comply with FDA Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines
- A High School Diploma/GED is required
- A degree in Engineering Technology and at least 3-years relevant experience or at least 5-years relevant experience with no degree is required.
- Previous experience working in a clean or regulated environment is highly desirable
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to read, understand and perform technical procedures written in the English language.
- Attention to detail and the ability to complete the paperwork required for medical device manufacturing
- The ability to perform basic math calculations such as addition, subtraction, and evaluation of greater-than or less-than scenarios. Must also have the ability to add, subtract and evaluate time in 24-hour (military) format.
- Confidence and autonomy where they can self-manage their work
Work Environment: The individual’s time will be split between the manufacturing area, which consists of a mix of cleanroom and lab-style manufacturing spaces, a warehouse area and typical office space. Functions will be performed in both a sitting and standing position at times. When in the cleanroom, the individual will be expected to wear designated gowning and follow standard anti-contamination practices. All areas are environmentally controlled.
Hours of Operation: 7:00am-3:30pm Monday-Friday
Benefits: Viscus Biologics offers a competitive insurance package including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, paid time off, paid holidays, as well as retirement options.