Stinson LLP is seeking a highly motivated associate with 2-5 years of litigation experience to join our business and commercial litigation practice areas in our New York, New York office.
Eligibility for admission or active New York license required. Qualified candidates will have exceptional academic performance. Excellent research, writing, analytical, and communication skills are required. Judicial clerkship experience is preferred. The successful candidate should have the following experience and skills:
• Responsibility for pleadings, motions, and briefing on complex matters;
• Proficiency handling e-discovery and fact development;
• The confidence to tackle complex fact, legal, and logistical issues with foresight; and
• The ability to be strategic and analytical.
The role requires a candidate with strong interpersonal skills, a high degree of maturity, a willingness to learn, and a desire to manage a challenging workload on work spanning high-stakes litigation, arbitration, and trial work. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment.
Please apply online and provide a resume, cover letter, unofficial law school transcript and a writing sample. For questions, contact the Stinson Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
Stinson is not accepting recruiter/search firm submissions for this position.
At Stinson LLP, we are committed to the success of our attorneys. We are equally committed to providing competitive, affordable health and wellness benefits to help take care of yourself and your family, including:
· Medical, dental, and vision health plans
· Medical savings accounts
· Firm-provided Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Wellness Program
· Employer-paid life insurance and AD&D
· Short- and long-term disability benefits
· Generous paid time off for holidays, vacation, bereavement, jury duty, and attorney leave for various reasons, including birth or adoption of a child and personal and/or family health; generous paid military leave
· Paid bar dues, approved bar association memberships and CLE expenses
· Excellent work-life programs, including service bonuses, back-up child and elder care, and employee discount program
Our associate compensation structure has two components: (1) a base salary (based on an 1850 billable hour target) and (2) a discretionary merit bonus based on performance. Depending on the experience level of the candidate, the base compensation for this role ranges between $175,000 and $190,000.
For information about Stinson's compensation system and other associate benefits, visit us at www.stinson.com and the NALP Directory of Legal Employers, https://www.nalpdirectory.com/.
Stinson LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, disabled and other diverse candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Stinson LLP is a federal contractor. Information gathered through applicant Voluntary Self-Identification will be used periodically with various government agencies for statistical reporting and to measure the effectiveness of our Affirmative Action and EEO outreach efforts. All information is requested on a voluntary basis and will be kept confidential. We will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Applicants with a disability that are in need of an accommodation to complete the Stinson LLP application process should contact Human Resources at 316.268.7962 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting an application, you certify the information provided is true to the best of your knowledge and belief. You understand that being untruthful in response to any of the answers provided within an application or any of the attached documents may lead to your termination in the event you are employed. If employed, you will be required to provide documentation showing you are legally authorized to work in the United States. We conduct criminal background checks of all individuals offered employment.