Q Center is looking for Full Time 3rd Shift Maintenance Technician III to join our team!
This position is eligible for a $2000 sign-on bonus after 6 months of continuous employment with good standing expectation.
The Engineer, Level 3 is responsible for performing skilled repairs to the building and equipment and to maintain the best possible condition at all times with the least amount of inconvenience to guests and employees.
The hourly rate for this position starts at $30/hour plus a $2 shift differential. The schedule will be 11:00pm - 7:30am.
- Paid time off
- 401(K) with employer match
- Holiday Pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with Wellness Credits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life, AD&D
- Disability Benefits
Education & Experience
- Station Engineering License from Chicago or Elgin is required
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- At least three years progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- Trade school and/or College course work in related field preferred.
- Previous supervisory skills preferred.
- Experience in replacing circulating pumps, motors and HVAC pipe. Familiarity with multiple voltage levels, HVAC pipe loops, and using basic functions of building automation systems.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Complete assigned work orders for general repair within assigned time frame in order to achieve the utmost operational efficiency of the hotel, its safety and its equipment.
- Immediately and courteously responds to guests needs in order to repair and resolve room maintenance requests and problems as they arise.
- Familiarization with two and four pipe HVAC systems.
- Diagnose and repair small cleaning equipment.
- Make repairs to hotel HVAC system: change filters, clean coils, replace motors, belts, etc.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all equipment (i.e. boilers, cooling towers, chillers, AHU’s, HVAC system, electrical, etc.).
- Performs preventative maintenance on diesel generators.
- Take required reading on equipment and take corrective action per protocols.
- Test water treatment for cooling towers, boilers and chillers and take corrective action per protocols.
- Operate water treatment equipment, make necessary chemical adjustments, properly handle chemicals.
- Replace and repair HVAC water distribution pumps.
- Assist with replacing light switches, receptacles, light bulbs and fixtures.
- Perform plumbing repairs (i.e. clogged drains, copper pipe, change washers, change handles, drain fittings, etc).
- Perform major plumbing repairs (i.e. on HVAC and domestic water lines, etc).
- Understand and be able to read blueprints and wiring diagrams.
- Trace and repair all types of water lines.
- EPA Refrigeration Technician Certification.
- Troubleshoot and make repairs on kitchen equipment.
- Maintain repair and preventive maintenance automated and manual records.
- Become proficient in the use of electronic devices for recording work activity, receiving work orders an PM’s.
- Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
- Basic repair and programming of hotel electronic locks system.
- Perform all other maintenance and facility care tasks as requested to assist Q center as a whole.
- Have a comfort level in working alone, with others, and project teams.
- Request necessary parts with accurate detailed information.
- Participate in inventory maintenance and periodic counting.
- Assist in supervising other engineering staff members.
- Assist in scheduling preventive maintenance tasks.