Meals on Wheels (MOW) provides nutritious meals delivered to the homes and congregate sites of seniors in the Greater Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky and Greater Dayton community. The MOW program supports independence while promoting the social, physical, and emotional well-being of seniors. The Meals on Wheels Delivery Associate is a full-time, Monday - Friday days only position in which the Associate will deliver a minimum of 30 meals per day and on occasion more to clients in an assigned geographic area, utilizing their personal vehicle and mobile meal delivery technology. No CDL required. Medical, dental and vision benefits available day one. Ten paid holidays per year and paid time off accrual starts day one. $15 per hour plus mileage. This position is specific to Middletown, OH area of operations.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Pack, transport and deliver meals to the homes of clients.
TYPICAL WORK CONDITIONS: Work is performed in the distribution area, in a vehicle and at clients’ homes. Interacts primarily with distribution center employees and elderly clients, caregivers and aides.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Determine and pack meals, and deliver them to clients as assigned and within defined time-frames, with a minimum route of 30 meals per day and on occasion more.
· Complete safety checks on clients while delivering meals.
· Accurately document client signatures and condition in the mobile meal application.
· Establish supportive, caring relationships with each client served.
· Through the supportive relationship and careful observation, become aware of additional needs of clients and/or others clients and report the observations to management.
· Keep all work space free from clutter and hazards.
· Maintain all regulatory requirements as specified by funders and contracts.
· Complete a daily log of activities and deliveries.
· Perform daily inspection of agency vehicle and report vehicle safety concerns that need to be corrected immediately.
· Attend approved educational and training events, including facility in-service training.
· Provide services in a safe and compliant manner.
· Maintain the confidentiality of all client care information.
· Report any suspicion of elder abuse.
· Perform other duties assigned by management.
· Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
· Ability to read and interpret maps and schedules, follow simple instructions and use mobile application (ServTracker) for tracking purposes.
· Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with clients, family members, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
· Ability to maintain composure and compassion when working with clients, family members and caregivers who may be under stress or upset.
· Possess a valid driver’s license, car insurance and a satisfactory driving record with less than 4 points on an annual basis. Must notify of any change in your driving record and update insurance status every 6 months.
· Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check, physical and alcohol/drug screen.
Must meet the following minimum insurance coverage:
· $100,000 Personal Injury
· $300,000 Accident coverage
· $100,000 Property Damage
· Must present a copy of a current insurance card and proof of liability coverage.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
· Physically push and pull carts loaded with meals, milk, bread and other products weighing up to 200 pounds.
· Have the ability to judge distances, read signs from a distance and have the ability to work in dim or an unlit environment.
· Have the ability to maneuver equipment safely through hallways, refrigeration units and into storage units.
· Have the ability to be aware of surrounding environment.
· Have the ability to hear and follow instructions.
· Have the ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
· Must be in general good health and demonstrate emotional stability.