The Field Service Engineer (FSE) delivers efficient field support to our customers in their assigned territory with an intensive travel requirement. The Field Service Engineer does so in a manner that is consistent with ITW Marking and Coding’s mission statement, strategy, tactics and values. It is expected that the Field Service Engineer will protect and promote ITW Marking and Coding’s premium image, product design to survive philosophy and after-market reputation. The Field Service Engineer will maintain an exceptional appearance and attitude, show resilience and composure under pressure, as well as a focus on a continuous improvement on their technical ability and timely delivery of service.
- Travels efficiently to customer site and provides installation, emergency on-site repairs, preventative maintenance services, and training for ITW Marking and Coding equipment.
- Follows ITW Marking and Coding procedure guides and processes diligently
- Maintain first time fix and field response time customer satisfaction rate at the target rate.
- Verify that machines are operating at peak efficiency through proper installation and/or setup and testing.
- Work as part of a regional and national team to drive profitable revenue growth and customer satisfaction.
- Holds site visit meetings with assigned contact, including opening scope and exit meetings.
- Working in a team environment, the field service engineer is responsible for coordinating communication between the field, line management and the internal support staff.
- Responsible for timely and accurate documenting and reporting of all service related activities.
- Provide timely feedback to quality department on equipment reliability and design.
- Maintain a satisfactory parts inventory, requisitioning additional parts required to perform normal duties.
- Maintain all company property, including vehicle, lap top, cell phones, safety equipment and tools in good working condition.
- Exercise safe working practices and procedures at all times.
- Conduct training with customer’s personnel to ensure an understanding of the theory of operation, proper functionality, and general maintenance of equipment.
- Attend refresher training classes and/or technician meetings with other Aftermarket team members as required.
- 2-4 days overnight travel per week.
- May be required to work weekends depending on the needs of the company.
- As needed, fill-in for technical phone support personnel during vacations or illnesses.
- Perform other duties and projects at the discretion of field service scheduler and line manager.
EDUCATION: Minimum Associates Degree in Electronics or electromechanical or military/trade school equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years experience in field customer service work or a commensurate military experience.
- Experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting, emergency service and repairing electronics and mechanical machine problems in the field.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and internal staff.
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret complex technical information involving mechanics and electronics. Must be able to interpret schematic and electrical diagrams.
- Must be able to travel extensively up to 95% of the time and is experienced with significant time away from home for a field service role.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular, daily basis.
- A strong ability to use Electronic test equipment such as Oscilloscope and Multi-meter; would score themselves a 4 or 5 out of 5 in these skill sets.
- Possess soldering techniques with actual experience soldering circuit boards and electronic components.
- Possess component level troubleshooting experience.
- General knowledge of electrical circuits required - Experience with plc integration a plus.
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision and manage difficult and high pressure customer situations.
- Ability to manage a dynamic service schedule in a manner that results in timely service for ITW Marking and Coding customers and an uninterrupted revenues stream for ITW Marking and Coding.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate (clearly) in English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Intensive overnight travel in the field is to be expected.
- Computer literate and capable of using MS Office suite and terminal emulation software; capable of learning additional proprietary software programs. Understands networking/Ethernet communication.
Diagraph is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic, protected by law.